|Education and Qualifications|
|Positions held before being a Journalist|
1. For appointment of Editor, Chronicle (Daily and Sunday), Calabar, 1978.
2. For appointment of Editor, Observer (Daily and Sunday), and research editors, Benin, 1978.
3. For appointment of Editor, Sketch (Daily and Sunday), Ibadan, 1978.
4. For the establishment and execution of an enlightenment package in Nigeria for ECOWAS to be tolerated by Nigerian and acceptable to the Media and Nigerians.
5. For appointment of News Editor, members of Editorial Board and reporters: TRIBUNE, Ibadan, 1986.
6. Led Daily Times team to study and make recommendations on revamping the operations of Plateau Publishing Company Limited, Jos, 1986.
7. For establishment of publicity outfit for the presidency, a system Nigeria had adopted, 1978.
8. For Nigerian Press Council’s hosting of the World Association of Press Council’s 1st Regional Conference in Africa, October 1996.
9. Director, Alex Ekwueme Presidential Campaign Organization, 1999.
10. Chairman, Media and Publicity of ANPP Campaign Organisation, 2003
11. Chairman, Political Committee of The Buhari Organisation (TBO)
12. Chairman, Media and Publicity of ANPP Campaign Organisation, 2007
Positions Held In The Daily Times of Nigeria:
- Sub-editor, Daily Times, Oct 1962 – Sept 1964.
- Sub-editor, Daily Times, June 1965 – Sept 1965 (Long Vac)
- Sub-editor, Daily Times, June 1966 – Sept 1966 (Long Vac)
- Assistant Editor, Daily Times, June 1967 – Dec 1967.
- Editor Spear Magazine: Dec 1967 – May 1971.
- Training Manager, Times Newspaper Training Centre, Aug 1971 – March 1976.
- Acting Editor, Daily Times: March – June, 1976.
- Editor /DepGM Editorial Daily Times: June 1976 – May, 1980.
- Deputy Manpower & Planning Adviser Daily Times: May 1980 – June 1982.
- General Manager (Planning and Development), Daily Times, June 1982 – June 1984.
- General Manager (Special Duties: Editorial) Daily Times, Jan – June 1984.
- General Manager (Times Publications Division), June 1984 – Sept 1986.
Positions Held Outside Daily Times
- Secretary, Nigerian Guild of Editors, 1970 – 1974.
- Secretary, Board of Governors, Times Newspaper Training Centre, 1971 – 1976.
- Secretary, Selection Committee, Times Newspaper Training Centre, 1971 – 1976.
- President, Nigerian Guild of Editors, 1976 – 1978.
- Member, Board of Governors, Nigerian Institute of Journalism: 1977 – 1986.
- Member, Publicity Committee for Organizing the Commonwealth Law Conference in Nigeria: 1978 – 1980.
- Member, Editorial Board to produce Commonwealth Law Conference Book, 1980.
- Member, Board of Governors, Times Newspaper Training Centre, 1980.
- Chairman Accreditation Board of the Nigerian Union of Journalists: 1979 – 1989.
- Member, Enlightenment Committee, Nigerian Bar Association 1985.
- Member, International Press Institute.
- Association Member, Teeline Association.
- Appointed Minister of Information & Culture, September, 1986 – 1990.
- Chairman, African Conference of Information Ministers, 1988 – 1990.
- Chairman, Board of Directors of the Nigerian Airways Limited, 1991 – 1993.
- Appointed, Member of the Edo State Economic Advisory Committee, 1991.
- Member, Nigerian Press Council, since December 1992.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Essential Child Care Foundation
- Member, Board of trustees, Nigerian Fashion Show
- Member, Board of Trustees, Nigerian Media Merit Award, 1999.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Journalists Against Aids.
- Member, Board of Trustees, African Refugees Foundation (AREF)
- Chairman, Media and Law Development Centre, (MALDEC).